About the Monaco mortgage market
The Monaco mortgage market is a complex place, even if you are on the ‘inside’.
Everything is individually negotiated; the rate, the assets under management (AUM), the loan structure, and the quantum, for example. Borrowing in Monaco involves large numbers and the structures are often complex so, when you add language, etiquette and principles, you can see why ensuring your purchase is structured correctly is so important and can present challenges.
We have built an enviable reputation in the Principality of Monaco – we speak the language, are trusted and well connected, and we have the knowledge to guide you through the process. We will take the time to understand exactly what it is you are trying to achieve, and will negotiate on your behalf until we secure the right mortgage solution to suit your specific requirements.
Notable Lending Information
- 85% up to €5million with no AUM
- 100% up to €5million with as little as €1million pledged AUM
- Above €5million, or for complex cases, AUM ranges from 20-50% of the loan
- Available for purchase, refinance and equity release, on an interest only (5-7 years) or capital and interest (20+ years) basis
- Up to 100% loan to value (land and generous costs) for development projects with 20% AUM
- Mortgages in all currencies
- A range of products available; fixed rate, variable, tracker[EURIBOR], capped, more complex products – i.e. fixed-variable hybrids
- Access to every bank who will lend in Monaco
- We are comfortable at all levels of complexity or specialisation
- We can work with all nationalities
- Our advisers are all bi-lingual with English plus at least one other major language
- Our brokers act with complete discretion
About the Monaco Property Market
There are many reasons why Monaco is one of the world’s premier locations for high net worth individuals. Aside from its stunning coastal location and Mediterranean climate, residents of the Principality enjoy a favourable tax system as well as an international, business friendly environment.
The Principality is known to be one of the safest locations to live, with an extremely low crime rate and high ratio of police to residents. This coupled with the variety of exceptional schools and highly regarded universities makes it a very attractive option for families.
Monaco’s luxury property is some of the most exclusive in the world, with $1million buying you just 15 square meters of real estate. Whether you want to live surrounded by the glitz and glamour of Monte Carlo and its famous Carré d’or, overlooking the Port of Fontvieille or enjoying the beautiful beaches in Larvotto understanding the intricacies of the local Monaco property market is crucial and that is where our experiences and multilingual team can help.
The market is very liquid and fast paced and accessing it can be challenging. It is common for a purchase to go from offer to completion in just a couple of weeks and Enness International can facilitate this process for you, guiding you through it and structuring your finances in a way that optimises tax efficiency.
Enness International recommends Caroline Olds Real Estate for clients requiring high quality advice and solutions for all aspects of real estate in Monaco, including residential and commercial acquisition and rental. Their team of multilingual experts can support clients looking for studio flats to rent or buy, up to villas and penthouses for investment and personal use.